I wanted to start with this statement. “There is no intent to offend anyone with the information in the FAQ.” I am trying to get known good information about Virily and share it with as many authors as I can. The most important thing is validation. I have heard rumors and legends thrown around about Virily. We are slowly but surely validating the information we are getting as a community.
What we know – over the last 28 months the dashboard has updated the day of the month (except for July 2019). Early on, in the Virily past, the Dashboard updated daily. It is normally dashboard updates and two-three days later those who get paid that month have money. The other fact we know right now is that one Viril converts to 0.0011192637731625 US cents.
Badges do update. Users report that they have gotten new badges.
Badges have value (each one carries with it a Virily award for the bookworm, owl, etc.)
The question on the table from yesterday now is what does a locked badge mean? It does not mean you should not use that template. What it means other than the one thing we know it does.t is open right now.
Known double click issues:
There are two I know of, and I am listing them for the community in our new FAQ.
1. If you double click the upvote or click twice too quickly, it results in a downvote.
2. If you double click the comment button too quickly you get the infamous “duplicate comment submitted error)!
Why can’t I copy-paste the same comment over and over
one it’s rude. Two it is it an enforced comment remove the rule.
Why a 20 character limit on comments?
Why is there a 20 character limit on comments? The rule exists people didn’t treat authors posts with value. Good. Nice. Cool. Don’t do anyone any good. I do agree that we should, and we did ask the admin team to move the rule to 10 characters or more from 20. I understand many readers and authors here on Virily are not native English speakers, and the English rule for the site on posts and comments is hard. I find value in every comment. I don’t care if you make a spelling mistake in the comment or your post. Those don’t matter to me. I know you can’t edit your posts or your comments, and I know I’ve made a few spelling errors over the last three years.
There are a couple of posts from 3 years ago by Virily Editor that talk about what it takes to become a verified user.
1. You have to be a positive contributor to the community
2. You have to adhere to and follow the rules of the community
I know there is a lot of frustration in the community about how long it takes posts in the pending stage to be published.
1. The verified users are allowed to publish right away. The important thing to remember about the Verified Users is that not a single one of them started on Virily as Verified. We all followed the rules to become Verified.
2. The moderators appear (this is opinion) to work Monday – Friday. Based on that the queue grows over the weekend.
3. It should be noted first off that the Moderators are people, and as such, it is important to remember that they deserve time off. The other part is if we were to ask for more moderators, that costs Virily more money, and would force the value of a Viril down further than it now. Money has to come from somewhere.