Functional boundaries continued…
A risk reward consideration for a functional boundary is a fun exercise. The risks are pretty well known (but I will list them anyway) with some of the rewards being well known as well.
- Any device – anywhere means all applications have to have the intelligence built in to be aware of both the data to be presented as well as the presentation screen.
- Touch devices react differently to data than do traditional mouse and keyboard devices.
- Bandwidth intelligence has to be built into every application. You never know where it is going to be touched.
- Users are more productive.
- You don’t lose time as people wait for other actions – they are able to do the rest of their job while waiting for other things to happen.
The future of cloud computing lies beyond the edges of the functional and operations boundaries that have been in place for years.