Review – and discussion on cellular boosters
I bought the portable Wilson Cellular Antenna booster for both cars about 5 months ago. I’ve had one in the house for awhile (we live out of the city so reception isn’t always the best) and a portable one from Wilson before (that is now the basement antenna). So I was intrigued by the new antennas and decided to pick two up.
- I have seen a consistent 20-25% increase in overall cellular reception with both windows mobile 6.5 and Windows Phone 7
- I have fewer dropped calls (although the last one I had was actually with T-Mobile which kind of makes me laugh now).
- Data connectivity is much stronger (but how much of that is Windows Phone 7?)
- Easy and simple
- unbox, place charger in the cigarette lighter
- Run antenna to outside your car
- Plug unit in
- Watch for green light
- start talking!
It connects to the cellular antenna and broadcasts that in your car so the usage is simple and easy. For the home – it covers about 1200 square feet effectively and I highly recommend the internal antenna which has boosted our signal significantly.
All in all the two different Wilson boosters I have are a great addition if you have weak cellular signals at home or travel in the car a lot.