http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004C15NNW (my amazon author’s page)
The Business of Information
Information = solutions
We use information to solve problems. It is the core reason to capture and reuse information. Why reinvent the wheel if it has already been done?
· Gather information with the purpose and function of solving problems.
· Make this “information” available to more people
Do you increase the number of solutions?
That is the question that drives the Syncverse. I believe in the old adage “two heads are better than on” being a viable and structured response to a problem. Extrapolating that to IP/IC production brings out the need for the Syncverse as a problem resolution creation tool.
1. Problems are noted and entered into the broad Syncverse
2. Users receive those problems and the “solutions” considered in one of two ways
a. They sign up for a newsfeed (current problems)
b. They have that specific problem and search for the solution in the Syncverse
3. Users compile new solutions to problems
4. Users refract and refine problems and problem statements to better enable the next person looking for a similar problem
All of this is described in the book “Transitional Services” in the section devoted to the process called Document Lifecycle Management or DLM©. While the DLM© solution as designed for a single organization to leverage as a IP/IC problem solution system it could just as easily be applied to the broader Syncverse.
With the DLM concept you have the SME’s or subject matter experts whose focus is on recovering, finding and leveraging t existing, emerging and needed IP/IC in the Syncverse.