Personally I call them luminaries. It comes from the concept of shedding light which is what I expect a visionary to do. Open a door or shine light on a concept or process that previouslyhad b ad been “dark.”
So who are the “luminaries” in the architect sky? Who lights the way and shows things we didn’t see before?
1. Paul Priess of IASA. He is driving towards the creation of an architect profession and is lighting the way for thousands to follow.
2. Dana Bredemeyer (and Ruth 🙂 who are taking the concept of visual architecture and making it into a standard.
3. Miha Kralj who actually tried to create the profession architect within the Microsoft partner, services and MVP communities.
4. Alan Hakimi the only person I know who is “being” an enterprise architect at Microsoft.
5. Jim Wilt – one of my personal heroes!
6. Ryan Plant, Richard Webb, Andy Ruth, Delbert Murphy all excellent examples of what an architect could and should be…
Who else? In the last six months I’ve personally been invovled with a lot more architects then I had previously. I find that most architects today are confused about the potential of our profession.
So who are the luminaries today? Who are the people that will help us become a profession rather than a job title.